Wink

I'm looking forward to your travel
Photos, Bob. Whenever you get them
Up just let us know. Try to keep the sizes
800 px or less for easier viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Thanks Mrd D.
IPhones are great, aren't they. If a cell phone link exists, you've got a mini 'puter in your hand. I have one as well as my wife has an I pad mini that can wifi or phone link. We can GPS thru that as well as our Garmin and stay in touch on vacation.
We recently visited a friend who retired to Roatan Honduras and spent a week on the island with him. We were never out of touch cause she brought the iPad along and lotsa free wifi areas especially where we were staying.

A lovely island, tropical rainforest nwith deciduous trees and lotsa different palms. Different species of hummingbirds abound. Caymans and monkeys in the canals and interior & delightful friendly people. But it is a third world country, very poor once you get away from the touristas for gringos.

It is the 2nd largest living coral reef in the world and a diver's and snorkelers paradise (I don't / can't do either because of my PN & emphysema)m, but
I don't know how he can stand it there. Nice weather, moderate temps of 82-85 but very high humidity. I was soaking wet anytime we were out of A/C - and very few places had A/C. Our friend built on the breezy side of the island so he constantly had trade wind breeze, but the humidity was still there once you got out of the wind.

This trip is a whole other post as it was exciting (and I did it as a cripple - wheelchairs & walkers thru airports) and lotsa photos. I'll put up a bunch on my page at a later time.
For now...I gotta go.
Stay well,

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote