View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Doctor could be right!

Hi Adamo,
I am sorry that the drug is not working for you. I think that your doctor might actually know what he is talking about. After taking amitriptyline at a dose of 17.5 mg nightly, admittedly for some time, I had to reduce the dosage very very gradually. I would reduce by only 2.5 mg at a time and keep it like that for several weeks or months sometimes or I would get withdrawal symptoms (pain mainly). It has taken me over 2 years to get down to almost nothing. It might be the same story with gabapentin, in which case just go with it. If you withdraw gradually you might find that you no longer need it.
Good luck.
CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
Four months ago I was diagnosed with Valley Fever. The stress of being very ill and the fear of possible chronic illness cascaded me into an agitated depressed state. I mostly over the Valley Fever (I think?) but I was prescribed Neurontin/Gabapentin for my mental state — now at 2400mg/day for almost a month. Needless to say, this has worsened my depression and made me addicted to the drug. Every time I try to withdraw by 300-400mg the very next day I am in agonizing convulsions: chest pain, panic, double vision, nausea, etc. I am feeling so **** hopeless. I want so desperately off of this drug but my doctor just says take off 400 every few days and you will not experience any withdrawal. He's kidding, right? Is there anyone who can suggest what to do? Am I doomed to 6-10 months of slow withdrawal off this drug just because I have taken it for only a month?! I have all the ReMag. Epsom salts, NeuroEndure, JNK but nothing seems to work. Is it possible to withdraw from this *****? Please help.
2007 rear end collision at high speed on the motorway; PCS - main problems are pain in the head and fatigue; tried pregabalin,amitriptyline and HBOT possibly with some slight success; also tried LENS neurotherapy, acupuncture, sacro-cranial therapy, topiramate and manipulative physiotherapy, all with little or no success. Over the years all symptoms have become milder but have not disappeared.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-28-2013)