View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
were're all taking very strong medicines, the equivalent of 100's of mgs of dopamine, you think we'd be taking these medicines if diet made a difference? do you know anything about the underlying biochemistry of parkinson's?

it's likely 1 egg has enough tyrosine, a precursor to dopamine, to supply our needs for a week.
people who are fasting for weeks don't start "freezing" because of a lack of dopamine, they can still move. obviously even in starvation we can mfg all the dopamine we need in a normal brain.
i miss 1 dose of my dopamine medicine and i have a very hard time moving smoothly. that kind of tells me diet isn't my problem.

we are lacking the enzyme necessary to produce dopamine from precursors in food and the cells in our brain that store and protect dopamine from being broken down in the brain, we are getting plenty of precursors. and dopamine doesn't penetrate the BBB.

THANKS BUT NO THANKS
You may be right, Soccertese, but just for the hell of it can one of the 18000 one morning on a totally empty stomach , first bite of the day eat a amall bowl of blackberries , check how you feel, walk around, etc and tell me if anything is better , your pleasure, your movements, anything. By the way there was a medical journal article that got into the news severl years ago of one researcher's opinion that those same black or blue fruits, like , blueberries, blackberries etc could prevent progression of PD, something about them counteracting the free radicals or whatever caused by iron.

Steve Lord
steve lord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote