View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I've felt like I've had a low grade virus for 2 months

I assume this is just "fatigue". I tried telling my husband that I've felt like I've had a virus or something for the last couple months - ever since the tremors started. I just can't shake it, no matter what I eat, how much I try to stay active (I've been bike ridding with the kiddo), how much I rest or don't. Saturday mornings are always hard because my body is catching up from the work week. Sunday is usually a bit better.

Got the blood test last week and I'm "fine" (ha ha, right).

This weekend DH went out of town. DD let me sleep until 11ish. Got the kitchen cleaned mostly and got dilly beans canned. Cats were lucky to get fed and watered. Sunday I was able to make rose jelly and make an apple oatmeal bar thing. DD and I ate leftovers mostly. Miraculously washed her gym clothing. I let her bike ride a lot because I didn't have the fight in me to get her to help me out.

I always have to parse out my steps when I'm cooking or doing something needing labor. I can go out and pick the beans, maybe in two trips since I have to stoop and bend, then I put them on the counter. I rest. I then got everything I needed ready, then I rest. Then I put the garlic, dill and beans in the jars, then I rest. Then I finish. I can only things like this on the weekend because I just don't have time after work, when I'm already beat.

I really need *something* to help me out with the fatigue. The MS doc said I don't have it, but purely based on my MRI, not my symptoms. I see the neuro at UCSF in two weeks. I really hope they can give me something to make me feel halfway normal. My PCP was ready to take me off work if I needed it. I can't not work, I am the sole breadwinner, and my job isn't one that could have me leave for a couple months and then come back - there are only 5 of us.

Ugh.
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (08-26-2013), Erika (08-26-2013), SallyC (08-26-2013)