View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
I have not taken Wellbutrin so I don't have any advice regarding that drug specifically. However, the 1st AD type drug they tried me on was Cymbalta. I had a lot of nerve pain and the dr decided to try it as it works well for nerve pain in those with peripheral neuropathy. It worked fantastic for the nerve pain but for the 3 days I was on it I had aggressive thoughts and couldn't sleep. Like you, I was agitated also. I stopped taking it and called my PCP and said I wasn't going to take it anymore. It was not a good experience for me as I am not one to have those kinds of thoughts and it was pretty upsetting to me. The thoughts were so dark. Maybe talk to your dr about switching to something else if the side effects are too much for you to deal with.
tkrik: I actually was on Cymbalta years ago and it was a miracle drug for me. then after a number of years I stopped because I couldn't afford it. In the interim, I had heart surgery and was put on a lot of meds including arrhythmia medications for atrial fib and ventricular fib....and at one point I went back on Cymbalta and I had a couple of seizures. So I stopped the Cymbalta for about a year..and tried it again and the same thing happened. I had a couple of seizures. So no more Cymbalta for me.

I like certain affects of the Wellbutrin...a little more energy, a little better "thinking" ability but the agitation and chest pressure is disturbing. Because I am also a heart patient of course every time I feel a twinge in my chest I worry but a good lot of that feeling is anxiety anyway. So I'm still figuring this new drug regimen out. I appreciate your input. Thanks so much.
jnewk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-28-2013), waves (08-28-2013)