Thread: Fibro and more
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default sharing and caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by excausted View Post
Hi to everybody that deals with this illness every day and night ,and have not lost the fight but got stronger because of this,I know sometimes I want to just give up and I cry and whine because this illness is so much bigger than me and consumes so much of me that sometimes there is nothing left of me to give,and try to explained something like this to a healthy person that does not even know what it feels like to have a cold,How Funny!!!!so I get all mad and wish this person to walk in my shoes for 24hours,and they're like no thanks,so don't criticise.
Dear excausted, I've found over my years of rolling with this disease, the more you expect of people, the more you get hurt when they don't meet your expectations. When I first got Fibro my Dr. said I needed to make sure my family and close friends understood and at least have some empathy for what you are going through. There are times you have to say "NO". When you were your old self you said "Yes". It's a time of grief for your old self to come back. But also, it's a time of grief for your family and friends. They miss the old YOU. Grief takes a lot of patience on both parts. They will never know how you feel, even if they got it themselves. We all have different pain levels and differents ways of handling things. Understanding of the disease, patience, and love with some soft hugs is the best thing you can do for yourself and for your friends and family. Good luck to you and God Bless
Blossom25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote