View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
If it was a surgeon that said that, maybe he meant it as no surgery needed/ required at this time??
Who knows what drs think.

But he could have mentioned these just so you know ..

I'd take the image/report to another independent dr or even a highly skilled chiro, they are trained to understand these reports too.
Many chiros will do a free or low fee evaluation, hoping to get business of course, but you don't have to let them adjust you ..it might be worth trying it and see what they say..

Can you describe the T spine pain?
Is it any specific place , like a vertebra level, or possibly a muscle/trigger point issue?
Sometimes it helps for us to have the symptoms described as well as the report info.
Yeah, I was thinking about seeing someone else. But what's crazy is that this doctor is one of the best I've ever had, especially at explaining things and relieving my worries, so that's why I'm really surprised he never brought this up.

The pain in my thoracic spine is like a dull, achy pain, right on the spine. Bending my head down (chin to chest) causes tightness and pain, and if I tilt my head left or right from that position, it shoots pain through the opposite shoulder blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Docs do react differently. I had one doc tell me I needed surgery based on my MRI and I did not. (Mild lumbar herniation that healed on its own.) Then years later, I had a doc tell me that my MRI had some abnormalities but nothing that he would not expect for someone of my age and that the abnormalities were nothing of any real concern. He gave me a copy of the MRI results after he had discussed it with me.

Personally, I think the doc should have told you something similar to what my doc told me after MRI, abnormal but insignificant. To not notify you of ANY abnormality is probably because he did not want to have to discuss it with you since he seems to have considered it insignificant.

The question is........ Are you experiencing pain or problems? If you have NO symptoms, he probably thought it of no significance.

I now have moderate thoracic herniations, multi-level facet osteoarthritis, degenerative discs, and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment.

I would ask him to give you a detailed explanation of why he stated your MRI was "normal" or did he mean that it is insignificant.
I've had the pain steadily for over a year, so the pain is there. My next visit isn't for another six months, however.
tdouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-27-2013), tamiloo (09-01-2013), waves (08-27-2013)