View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

IMO, Grin & bear it. Say something like, "Thanks, I'm working on it," or whatever works for you. Yes, these folks mean well, but don't & can't understand, and never will unless it happens to them. Hopefully, you do or will have a few very special friends/relatives who you can be frank with, and explain the situation in more detail, or give them some websites/articles whose explanation fits what you'd like them to know.

Other than that, it's like when folks say, "Hi, how are you?" or "How ya doin'?" It's a polite greeting; they don't really want to know in any detail. It's Ok.

We've had some discussions on this subject, though I can't recall or find them at the moment, and I don't want to drag this thread off on that tangent....

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote