View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Canmom,

OMG!!!!! You have got to be kidding! That woman had no right to interrupt him during your extraction and he was very negligent if he did not debride that socket thoroughly. He knew how concerned you were about being thorough....... I am floored at what happened to you today :/

Water does not clean out the site. That is a truly ridiculous statement! The socket and bone need to be scraped clean. I don't know what to tell you.

I hope you are really lucky and it heals okay.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmom View Post
Well, I just got home from having my tooth pulled. I went over everything that you told me and the oral surgeon said he would "do his best to get everything looking good."

I went with local anesthetic and the tooth came out really fast. Three times while he was pulling the tooth a woman popped her head in the room to tell him he had to hurry. So he pulled out the tooth and then told me he was going to clean out the site with some water. He put in some gauze and then told me I was ready to leave. I asked him if he scraped everything away and got to healthy bone and he replied, "I made it look nice. That tooth was chronically infected but you are young and healthy I am sure things will turn out for the best." I asked him if he went in 1 millimeter to the healthy bone and he shook his head and said "it is fine, really fine, everything went well." Then he ran out of the room on to his next patient.

I asked the woman at the front desk if I needed a prescription for painkillers or antibiotics but she said no, just take something over the counter if I need it. So here I am hoping everything works out for the best.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote