View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
jemahon,

Welcome back. Sorry to hear the reason you have returned. Regarding your domestic issues, personality changes are common and often include struggles with getting loud or over-reactive.

Regarding your head aches, ibuprofen is safer than Tylenol for head injuries, unless you are taking an SSRI. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) may be OK but if it leaves you drowsy, maybe you can ask your doctor for a script for gabapentin. I use it to help my brain and body 'let go.'

I hope your arrest did not cause an overnight stay. Jails are a very stressful place for someone with PCS.

Regarding WC, many of us have had bad experiences after our work related head injuries. The WC system nationwide has too many barriers against those of us who are the invisible wounded. Since there is no way to image a concussion, the WC insurance companies make it difficult to get benefits. It is difficult to find a WC attorney to take your case because of the high work load for low fees.

Just know that you are not alone.

My best to you.
Hello again Mark,

You and Kate were the most helpful 4 years ago. The arrest occurred before the most recent PCS. You are correct that ibuprofen is best. The doc I saw today said the same thing. I cannot take it because I am on aspirin and Plavix after having two stents placed in a major coronary artery. NSAIDS run the risk of GI bleeds, and for a person like myself it would be very dangerous as I am still very bruised from the fall. The wonders of life after 50.

Thank you again. I was praying for a response before I go and lay down. God has blessed me.

Thanks Mark...God Bless You Too,

John

P.S. I was hospitalized after the arrest as I had discovered my wife of 26 years had a secret phone and had been in an affair...I just mentally and emotionally collapsed. I though we shared the same dreams and morals. They put me in the psych ward for 72 hours fearing I was suicidal.
jemahon4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (08-27-2013)