View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jane,

When you mention the work done and proposed by the other dentists, do not mention their names.

I cannot stress enough to you that you need to put YOU first... not the dentist that screwed you over, not the OS or the prosthodontist. Your OS and prostho will not be upset with you for standing up for yourself to this woman dentist. They may prefer to be sheep and not want to get personally involved, but they will not hold it against you for taking control of that situation.

I have been in dentistry for 35 years..... I can tell you that dentists make mistakes and they reimburse patients. If you believe that you were mistreated and bullied by that dentist... and based on what you have told me, I believe you were.....then allow that belief to empower you. Dentists will reimburse a disgruntled patient because it is easier for them than going before the board and/or being sued.

It says in writing that the temp dentures were throw aways!!?? It is true that most often the initial dentures are fabricated to be worn short term. Although they can be made so they can be relined a few times and some people get a year or more out of them! The less costly temp dentures that are cheaply fabricated and not easy to reline are less costly for the patient as well. Again, if she charged you full price for "throw away" dentures....... that is just disgraceful on her part.

Yes, I would state that you will file a complaint with the dental board if she is not willing to reimburse your money and then follow through and file the complaint. You have nothing to lose by filing the complaint!
It is important to keep in mind that this woman has not treated you kindly or professionally. She has bullied you into being afraid to confront her. I know you want to avoid a confrontation and I don't blame you. But if you truly feel that she did wrong by you and want to be reimbursed for poor dental care then don't let her bully you anymore.

Sure, you can send me the email from her office. Send it to bryanna007@yahoo.com.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMacy View Post
Thank you as always, Bryanna. I am trying to compose notes for the appointments. I am hesitant to mention the other dentists (Oral Surgeon, Prosthodontist). I have to continue working with them and do not want to cause any problems. What are your thoughts on that?

Unfortunately, I didn't keep any notes so am relying on memory. Luckily when her assistant emailed me she sent along the payment history which included the visits. What I realized when looking at that, she stated that temporary dentures were 'throw aways' and you couldn't expect them to fit correctly as your mouth heals. Except those 'throw aways' would have only lasted 4 weeks when she said I needed a new set. I would think 'throw away' dentures would last longer than a month especially after paying $2,000 for them. Anyway, I hadn't realized how little time I really had before she threw in the towel on them.

I will be happy to forward the email from her office if you would like to read it.

Should I mention that I will file a complaint if I do not get a refund?

Thanks again for being such an advocate for us poor, unknowing folks.

Jane

Last edited by Bryanna; 08-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote