View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
I had a doc tell me that my MRI had some abnormalities but nothing that he would not expect for someone of my age and that the abnormalities were nothing of any real concern. He gave me a copy of the MRI results after he had discussed it with me.

Personally, I think the doc should have told you something similar to what my doc told me after MRI, abnormal but insignificant.
I agree with this. A lot of these... (I hesitate to call them 'abnormalities' because many of them are normal as we age) ...'peculiarities' are part of the price we pay for walking upright and living longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdouglas View Post
Is a mild disc desiccation and mild multilevel facet osteoarthritis not worth mentioning?
Some of these guys see hundreds/thousands of these things, so they get used to the common stuff, and perhaps in his opinion it was just that--not worth mentioning (or he had an off day, or something else on his mind?), but there's no law that says you can't ask him about it. If the guy is good at explaining things, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be candid about this. I would just do it in a matter-of-fact manner rather than confrontationally.

The issue (as I see it) is not this incident, but that you're in pain. If it were me (and I don't know that you're not already doing this) I'd call his office and ask to be put on a cancellation list for an earlier appointment, and spend some time in the interim looking for possibilities (from a symptom perspective) to ask about/discuss. YMMV.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-27-2013), Hopeless (08-27-2013), tamiloo (09-01-2013), waves (08-27-2013)