View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I believe I am a functioning alchoholic. My current drinking habits have been steadily increasing for the last 3 years or so. I now drink about 1 litre of red wine every night - alone. I often don't remember things that I do when I am drunk and pretty much drink until I pass out.

Is it possible for me to try cold turkey without medical intervention? Or would I be better to drink say 1 glass a night for a period of time - how long so that the worst (life threatening) symptoms of withdrawal do not affect me.

I don't have a support network at all but I have two beautiful young children who deserve a better mother. And I deserve a better life.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks that helped them?
I am a recovering addict who has been clean for 8 years and I know how hard it is to quit drinking/using drugs.

I am not sure about your health conditions but quiting cold turkey from Alcohol isn't the best idea. There are only 2 drugs you can die from withdrawal. Benzos and Alcohol.

I would discuss it with a health care professional and find out your options.

Its great you want to face this and sounds like you are a smart, strong determined person.

Prayers for you.