View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
No. I had a hard time finding one that handles this type of disability claim. Majority handle SSD and not STD/LTD. I tried to find one the during the 6 months between the first denial and the appeal. One that would take my case, charged $4,000 up front. We would have to pay the fee before he would even look at the any paperwork. Another atty charged $2,000 to just look at the case to determine if he would take it or not, if he took it then his fee was 1/3 of the 6-month benefits. Others I talked to just kept referring me to someone else.
I went through the same ordeal. It boils down to deep pockets. Most law offices do not have the resources to go up against these for-profit insurance companies but in your case it is obvious that the insurance company needs their collective *** sued. Im my wife's case she did receive short term disability while only one doctor treated her, but when her short term was up and long term was to kick in, that doctor was removed, replaced with another doctor who stated that she was just fine and dandy. She was terminated from her employment because she was crippled from RSD, relieving the large corporation of any responsibility. She did receive SSDI. We went to two firms who stated that, yes they are pulling a fast one but we would need about $75,000 just for it to see the light of day. One other firm stated that my Wife's employer's attorneys would eat them alive. She worked for the largest defense contractor in the world in their Benefits department. It seems you guys have given a good effort to find a law firm. All I can say is either keep searching for a motivated firm who will sue pro bono or for stress reasons, give it up, which is understandable for sure.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (08-27-2013)