View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kneeling Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop42 View Post
I had lower back surgery in 1990, and I haven't been able to squat since then, without flaring up the nerves in my lower back and legs. In fact, about two years ago I had to make a couple of trips to the emergency room, because I flared my lower back up so bad from trying that. It's in one of my old posts.

In the last week or two, I started squatting, and so far, no pain. I'm being very, very careful and gradually working at it. It's been 23 years since I've been able to squat, so I'm having a little bit of trouble fathoming this. It just seems surreal. I'm excited, but I'm still a little scared something's going to go wrong. It's taken 40 months of hard work to get to this point. Still a lot of work to do though. Hopefully, the progress will continue.

I started working on kneeling as well. That's another thing I haven't been able to do, in 23 years, without flaring up my lower back and legs. So far, so good, but I'm being extremely careful.

My knees are very tight in the morning and take some time to loosen up. I haven't been able to squat, or kneel, for 23 years, so it's going to take some time for my knees to loosen up. I've been cupping and massaging my legs daily. Working on the shins is extremely painful, but they're starting to loosen up. I'm not feeling any lower back pain, so hopefully that will last.

My Easy Cooking Channel
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote