View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update after my visit with the pain center

I had an appointment with the pain center the other day.I was so ready to confront the nurse that is always giving me a hard time on the phone . So I arrived about 15 minutes early and asked for her by name and was informed she no longer worked there and was told the doctor would speak with me in just a few minutes about the problem I had experienced with her.
So I waited for the doctor to come in and as he entered the room along came someone else with him. It was the office mgr. They both told me that after looking into my chart after I had called and spoke with the office mgr that they decided to look into other patients chart and one was my wife and noticed that she would hold request for refills for two or three days at a time . They figured this out by looking at when the drug stores would call and also request a refill after the patient would call them and see if their meds had been called in or not from the pain center. I was told she is being brought in front of the medical board an will possibly lose her RN certification and will not be able to work in the medical field as a nurse again once the pain center files there report . I was so happy to hear that and then I looked at the office mgr and told him and you at first tried to blow me off when I spoke to you what made you look into this further? He replied once I seen the request from you for your medical records I realized that you where not going to give up till something was done so I took your record and your wifes records and started to look into it all and that is when i found some things that didn't look right and looked at a couple of other records from other patients and found all the information we needed. After he finished telling me all this I looked at him and told him thank you but honestly it's a little to late because of all this I am changing doctors so today I hope you have learned a valuable lesson when a patient calls the office mgr and complains you will not just blow them off as a drug seeking phiend or label them as a someone over using prescribed meds. Then I looked at my pain doc and told him I needed my pain meds refilled for the last time from his office and that I would be on my way and got up and hobbled my way to the front desk and waited for my refill prescriptions. The doctor brought them up himself to the front desk and asked me if I would reconsider ? I told him noway in He**( double hockey stick) would I every darken the doorway of this facility again took my scripts and hobbled my way to the car. As I got into the car my wife looked at me and said you handled that much better than I thought you would. Had that been a couple of years ago I probably would have completely lost my mind in there.But thankfully I have changed for the better (I would like to think and my wife says I have also from when we first met )
I also wanted to thank Pooh & Rrae & Eva & Hopeless & Ginnie and everyone else that rang in on this post . Rrae I also am hoping that this doesn't happen at the new office I have changed to but I will be on the look out for this problem for the rest of my life now.

But I can say it was such a relief when all this went down the feeling of being vindicated was such a huge pressure lifted off my shoulders. Again thank you all

MessyMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-27-2013), Hannabananna (08-27-2013), Hopeless (08-27-2013), Nanc (08-27-2013), pooh_ac (08-27-2013), Rrae (09-03-2013)