View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Nanc, all insurance is, is a racket, nothing more nothing less. That is why the delivery of health care can not be carried out by for-profit insurance. As a supplement perhaps. In my wife's case I truly believe her employer and the full time health Insurance executives who reside at their corporate HQ are in business together in some shape or manner. And part of their business together is ridding itself of those who are no good to them any longer. One way they do that is deny care through the insurance company. Making the patient's life miserable and above all making it so complicated in getting treatment. That was my wife's issue that it took too long for doctors to treat and diagnose her. She knew that she had RSD before any doctor would treat her for it. She only received decent treatment when she was terminated and added to my employer's insurance. My Wife's treatment was immediate after her termination. To me it was by design. It took her 3 years after to receive SSDI and did receive back pay. She also was able to use her medicare because it took over 2 years to receive the SSDI.

Nanc, I wonder if there are any class action suits?
I think you are correct...it is a racket. I really think that they contacted my employer for more than just my job description. I say this because when I worked there, I was the one who took care of this type of thing. I filed all the WC and disability claims, the adjusters contacted me and asked me questions with every claim. As everyone suffering with RSD knows, people don't get the condition at all. My employer said to me, "you'll be fine after a month off relaxing, you'll be ready to com back to work" They thought I was fine! That whole situation is a long story that I will not get into right now. I went on my husband's insurance about 2 yrs before I stopped working. A better plan to allow me to go to more drs and cover more with less co-pays.
I am sorry that your wife went through what she did, it is awful! Thankfully she has you and she is receiving SSDI (with backpay) and Medicare. The support that you obviously give her is wonderful and it makes all the difference in the world! My husband is like that too

I will check into the class action suits...good idea!

Thanks again,
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote