View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 04:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Poo View Post
I've had CRPS type II for 8 years after a venipuncture nerve injury to the sensory branch of the radial nerve in my right arm during a blood donation. I've had two spreads, both overnight. First was to the rest of the upper right quadrant of my body, which occurred 10 months after the initial injury. Second occurred 2 years after the initial injury, and affected the rest of the right half of my body, head to toe.

Since then, the last 6.5 years, it's been stable and hasn't spread further. Hasn't gotten too much worse, but hasn't gotten better. I consider myself very lucky that I can work and do most of what I want to do. Weight gain and fatigue has been an ongoing battle, but pain/discomfort is generally under control with warmth, meds, reasonable activity, biofeedback techniques, and keeping overall stress in my life to a minimum as much as possible.

Looking back, the first three years were horrible, espcially with the uncertainty of it all. The past five years have been much better, mostly because (1) I'm just used to the right half of my body feeling different than the left half, (2) combination (gabapentin/Cymbalta) and dose of meds that are effective, and (3) I know what works to keep flare-ups in check, and what else I need to do or not do to keep everything manageable.

I hope everything works out for you,

Ann
Hi Ann! I had to reply to your post when I read that you had a venipuncture nerve injury from donating blood cause your CRPS II. I had the same thing happen in 2006...you really made me think about things here for a minute. I went to a blood drive at work, as I had done many times before, and the girl drawing blood had difficulty placing the needle and went right thru the vein and hit the nerve (lateral antebrachial cutaneous nerve). I just pulled out my records from this incident, and realized that I completely forgot the date this happened. I developed RSD in my face in 1991 and in my left arm in 2006. My spread really started after I hurt my hand in 2009...so additionally, it is in both hands, feet, shoulders, left leg, abdomen and head.

Thanks for posting and making that light bulb go off for me!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote