View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi David_Alan,

Thanks for posting the great xray!!

Tooth #19 evidently had decay or had an injury to the pulp of the tooth....thus the pulpotomy/pulpectomy. The bone looks healthy on this xray so hopefully you had the tooth removed before the bacteria spread to the bone.

Glad you are feeling better. You could also try applying "moist" heat to the TMJ area as that will get the blood flowing which may help reduce and tightness or spasms in the muscle.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Alan View Post
Thank you for the swift response. Today everything feels much better. Ibuprofen is helping, along with ice on the TMJ & muscles.

All of this tooth trouble is overwhelming, as I have never had dental trouble before. A few fillings, but that's all. No complications.

The root of #19 was not canaled. To my knowledge, there never was infection. I had a pulpectomy about three weeks before extraction. It's a long story, but I was unable to do the full root canal, and I had the extraction done as soon as I could. As it turned out, #19 had several cracks. It was likely that a root canal and crown would not have lasted too long before complications set in. Extraction was inevitable, and it's better to do it while I'm still young-ish (33).
The oral surgeon took a 360 degree x-ray before the extraction. Here it is:

I am currently looking for a dentist in Chicago that specializes in occlusion and bite splints.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote