View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Di View Post
So sorry you're going through this frustrating mess! I'm sure you paid into having the benefit of STD/LTD so it's not like it welfare! Did you go through the FMLA process through HR.....STD etc.?
I'm going through something similar but thankfully I got my STD and it transitioned into LTD but they hound me every week or two to check on my application process (they require) for S.S.D. It's still only a fraction of my regular pay but It helps.
Depending on how much money you could get the $4000 up front atty. may be well worth it in the end.
It's hard for me to write long replies because my RSD/CRPS is in my hand and I can only use one finger for a short time on that side. So sorry for lack of more details right now.
Thanks for replying, sorry you are having trouble with your hands and typing I understand the difficulty, I have RSD in both hands.
The STD & LTD benefits were 100% employer paid, so no, I did not pay into them. We didn't qualify for FMLA because we were under 50 employees. I was the HR Manager (Financial & HR Manager to be exact). I was a one person department. I was the benefit administrator too. I filled out the disability paperwork and my boss signed it. After that, she was the employer contact on my claim. I made sure everything was covered, all waiting periods met, etc. The benefit was for 60% of my salary. What I will receive from SSD is about 35%. They approved one week of STD? Why only one week, where is the rationale behind that??
We would have paid the $4000 if the atty sounded more promising. My husband asked him the odds in beating the insurance company...he said eh, 50/50...$4000 is an expensive gamble.
Glad you got your STD and it transitioned to LTD. I read our plan documents and our carrier required the applying for SSD as soon as LTD begins. I got SSD right away, so that would cut down the LTD payments and they still deny me.
I started searching online this afternoon about Lincoln Financial Group's disability claims...it appears the denials are the way they do business! So frustrating!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote