View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Percs vs paddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedout View Post
I have a Medtronics SCS since March 1, 2011. It works amazingly well and has taken 50-70% of my pain away (depending on the day). Yes, there are still days that are difficult but before I felt useless, couldn't work, concentrate etc. Now I am back in college full time, work as a substitute teacher and have been gaining pieces of my old life back. It's hard, I am a middle aged woman with 3 teens and a husband that just does not "get" my struggles. I would go for the trial first and go from there.
Yes paddles are a bigger deal! But my
Paddle is stuck down. I had percs originally but they were misplaced. Then mega scar. Then paddle rescue. Plus to paddle is they are bulky and if done right aren't going anywhere. If paddles are done right off the bat it's usually easier too.

My opinion is if you are highly active- paddles. If not try percs. A recent article showed that the 20 lead 5x4 has best results - most options. Bs has a 32 lead ipg. I have a medtronics 565 - one very good program.

I bend, have lerched hiking, etc. etc. etc. They have been in 2 + months. I have no fear of dislocation. Pain is down >50%. Walking range doubled. Biking range up 500%+. I sleep better. Life isn't perfect but it's not bad. It was bad before.

If the trial leaves you with a WOW feeling, get it in! If not, be Leary.
MDinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (08-27-2013), MessyMark (08-28-2013), Rrae (09-03-2013)