View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My second cycle of the p-stim treatment went better than the first. I did tolerate it better overall, but the first day was again very annoying and irritating. Both times the points were situated where one was on a part of the bottom of my earlobe then the other two were toward the top in the cartilage. I had a tough time getting the battery pack to stay on bc it was taped mostly in my hair. I noticed that if it does not have good contact, the zaps aren't as strong. And yes I agree that day 3 and 4 are more tolerable bc of the battery dying rather than becoming used to it. I have had no pain relief whatsoever from this treatment. My pain level stays at a constant 6-8 and has been there for months. I hardly get any relief from the pain medications I take, and my pm doctor will not consider an increase or change right now bc my liver enzyme levels are elevated. I have one more round with the pstim scheduled- and I'm still willing to give it a good shot at working. The research I was able to find, some info said it could take up to 6-10 treatments for it to become effective. I'm not sure I will go that far, but we'll see how it goes after the next one. Thanks everyone for continuing to share your experiences with such a new treatment program. Good night
schwej01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-23-2014)