View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry Nic. I also am fighting this SSDI battle. I have been denied three times already. Was denied at the ALJ level. I started a new claim in February and just went to their doctors for a mental health evaluation and a physical evaluation. I am just waiting now for their decision. I am scared of what will happen to me if I get another denial. I know how it throws you into despair. I am so sorry. You did good by just starting a new claim. My feelings are that I have a better chance with a new claim because then they will not have to pay all that back pay. I think our government is broke and they will never pay it.
Can you tell me a little about the federal court level? Are you saying that you were denied at the ALJ level and then again at the ALJ appeal level and took it to federal court? That is what I will have to do if I do not get accepted this time or else I will no longer have worked enough years in the past to qualify. If you took your claim to this level can you give me some information about it?
I don't know how they can keep denying a person who has had liver, kidney, multiple organ failure, chronic pain. Post concussive syndrome and a whole lot of other problems but here I am denied. Been living on no money for going on 5 years now. I sure pray that these new claims get approved for us both. Good luck. I send you love and support. Brain Patch

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote