View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vit C vital supplement for PN?

I mentioned in my Chi post that the two things I am doing now is Chi machine and Vit C. I have been looking into the importance of Vit C and neuropathy. I have not seen it added to the supplements list here or talked about much.

http://www.practicalpainmanagement.c...ral-neuropathy

The above link contains discussion plus this:

Recognizing the limitations of pharmaceutical treatment, we previously reported on the therapeutic application of a combination of five micronutrients for management of diabetic neuropathy1:

alpha-lipoic acid
n-acetyl-cysteine
L-carnitine
selenium
vitamin C

Throughout the course of our investigations it became apparent that patients with peripheral neuropathy of unknown origin seemed to benefit from the use of these agents as well. This prompted an extension of our original efforts. We conducted an open label study of patients with peripheral neuropathy of multiple etiologies. It is conceivable that the supplements we used benefit peripheral nerves—regardless of the cause of the neuropathy—because they increase the intracellular ratio of glutathione from its reduced to oxidized form.

I have also asked about selenium here but again not much is said here on this forum about it but thought it was worth mentioning again.

Well, on to more research. Just thought I would share. As I stated in my
chi machine post, the last week has been heaven for me, not sure if its the Chi or the C , lol. Last night when a flare started I used my chi and it stopped the flare within 30 min to a mild episode.
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
butlertl (09-02-2013)