View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glen, thanks for all these references. I've been busy reading and reading. I was just a new member of the old Brain Talk forum when J.C. was discovering that her daughter had celiac disease, and I even had a doctor test me for that. He said the results were negative. However, I have had so many of the symptoms listed in your references, including a mysterious arm disease (break-out) when I was a teen-ager, I'm beginning to think I've been a celiac for years.

I've had digestive problems since at least 1975 with many, many lab studies and the result always IBD; hypo-thyroid since the early '70's, then in later years, osteoporosis. Now that I'm a senior citizen, I'm wondering how many of these things I've passed on to my children and grandchildren.

My parents are both deceased, so I can't ask questions, but I remember my dad who lived to be 93, complained about his feet always being cold in his later years--p.n.? My mother was also hypo-thyroid--p.n.?

As Mrs D. always says, you have to be a detective--I wasn't a very good one, but a picture is finally starting to develop now.
Joano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote