View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default an answer to your question..

I had a similar experience, they consider it a trial work period. This was before they had the ticket to work program but it works the same way. You work as much as you want and your benefits remain in full force. After a stated period, I think it was 6 mos. you either are considered able to return to work or not.
Basically this all revolves around the SGA. That is the first red flag they look at. I would re establish your medical care with a neurologist asap. This is paramount if you are going to continue to collect ssdi. They will send out another CDR if you didn't get the first one. Document everything, all phone calls and all correspondence. Don't miss any deadlines, this is the easiest way to assure a big headache with the SSA. They really aren't there to deny your benefits, they're just paper pushers so make it easy for them to see things your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexigrl View Post
I'd guess the real answer to that is that there is no treatment except for things like muscle relaxes, nerve blocks, etc. My particular MS issues (the worst ones) are fatigue, heat weakness, visual disturbances and hearing problems (a strange one called hyperacusis which means I hear at -10 decibels vs a normal person, so very sensitive hearing). None of these issues have a cure nor really any treatment. So, while my doctors treat various things, some may or may not be MS related. I suffer from pain in various areas that could or could not be MS, but once they run all the tests they usually give up.

I guess I haven't been thinking about the CDR possibility so I haven't been running to the doctor with every symptom, especially the ones that I just learn to deal with. Honestly even on Medicare the 20% co-pay is a lot so I no longer have yearly MRI's and other tests, just can't afford them. I've probably done myself in and that frightens me. I never know when I will wake up legally blind again or not able to get out of bed but it sounds like there isn't much I can do now.

I do really wish that someone knew the answer to what would happen if I called SSA and told them that I was going to try full time work (as I work part time at home now). Would that then allow me to keep my Medicare as I go back to work? I suspect it's too late now that the CDR is in progress but I've asked all around, including on legal answer sites and no one seems to know if that is possible.

Thanks
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (08-30-2013)