View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed Scientist View Post
Hi Adamo,
I am sorry that the drug is not working for you. I think that your doctor might actually know what he is talking about. After taking amitriptyline at a dose of 17.5 mg nightly, admittedly for some time, I had to reduce the dosage very very gradually. I would reduce by only 2.5 mg at a time and keep it like that for several weeks or months sometimes or I would get withdrawal symptoms (pain mainly). It has taken me over 2 years to get down to almost nothing. It might be the same story with gabapentin, in which case just go with it. If you withdraw gradually you might find that you no longer need it.
Good luck.
CS
I've gone down now only 200mg off the 2400mg gabapentin across one week and I am in just as much in trouble as after a one day reduction of as much. The disturbing part about this is the total lack of sleep and daytime akathisia. During the day it doesn't work for more than 1 hour. Day and night I am in agony. I need help from anyone on this forum who knows about this gabapentin devil. Can you suggest what forum I should turn to? Many thanks!
Adamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-29-2013)