View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default B12 and PCS

Hi,

First, for all the contributors here: you're doing a great service. I've stumbled across this site over the years and have always found positivity and hope here, even when things seemed darkest for me.

I'm a new poster so will give a bit of background first. I'm 30 years old. I suffered three concussions between the age of 22-24 while playing college sports. For each of the first two after 2-4 weeks of post concussion syndrome (PCS) I returned to baseline. After the third concussion I returned to near baseline after a few weeks, but have had mild ongoing symptoms continuously for the past 6 years. The most pronounced symptoms are fogginess, struggling with name recall, and a dissociated feeling when in larger groups. Over the past couple of months these symptoms have been getting worse.

This past week I had my b12 tested and found that it was at 389 pg/ml. Obviously this is not my only issue since I have a well documented history of PCS, but am curious if this could be worsening the situation.

Thanks in advance, and I hope that in time I'll be able to give back to this great community.
zephyr314 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote