View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I can only urge you to...

read up about polyneuropathies- there is a good deal of info sited at the top of this forum in the 'Stickies'. Any other site that is referenced in BLUE, just click it on and READ.

Having a PN of any kind, no matter the cause is extraordinarily scary. Learning about what all is happening to your body, and getting a grasp on what makes the pain worse can help you modify your life and your mind to limit the degree of pain you experience.

You will find that most of us here really have issues dealing with the pain itself or the treatments [mostly drugs] used to ease the pain. It's all a trade-off in terms of finding right doctor then, the medications to make the best of one bad deal.

I also, would urge you to obtain copies of your medical records and see where you stand in the extent your doctor screened you before coming to the diagnosis he/she has. Look closely at www.neuroexam.com and www.lizajane.org The first site is for an overview of diagnosing neuro conditions, the second site for a majority of the testing variables that could be explored.

The very worst thing is to let the FEAR of it all get the better of you. If you do, things can only get worse. Have faith.

I agree with the other comments that a second opinion, especially in light of your apparent increase in sensory loss. The depression can be a result of the pain meds and/or just being in pain! Another doctor might be more willing to help you find medications and treatments that could work out better for YOU!

Let us know what you do, please, ask questions, and share... - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote