View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This may be in parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
Hopeless,

Thank you so much for your time and efforts of answering my post. I also made a long and detailed reply to your first reply but for whatever reason, It didnt not get through. I dont do well in front of the screen for a long time, plus my neuropathy is bothering me a lot. So, i just wrote an abbreviated reply which what you read last night.

I am very concerned about the highs and the lows because I already have a neuropathy, a painful and creeping progressively. I am not sure if the elevation is due to my age or my post menopausal or both. Having BS normal and with no family history, the numbers are high for me.

Well, i received a call from the endoc's nurse, my AIC is within normal. It really makes so much sense when you said that AIC is normal when you have swings of highs and lows. I try to walk regularly but with the neuropathy, it restricts me in doing so as often as i should.

is the reason for extreme numbers ONLY insulin resistance? I had a complete thyroidectomy and currently being treated for Mycobacterium Avium with 3 strong antibiotics. I am not sure if this can be a reason. though, my pulmonologist/infectious disease said that my pulmonary infection is stable that it could not be the reason for my elevated sugars. But you know these doctors, with my personal experience with a lot of them, and with lack of awareness of the infection, Im not sure....

I totally agree with you doctors will not take you seriously, unless you are really sick.

Mary
I run out of time and get logged out while I am responding if I take too long. I may respond in bits and pieces to avoid losing the post as I did last night. This has happened to me before and I was told that I might try clicking on the Remember Me when I sign in to prevent being timed out.

I did not mean to ramble so much when I tried to re-create my lost post. Sorry about that. I have had peripheral neuropathy for many many years, long before I was diabetic. Now, docs want to blame everything on my diabetes. Yes, the diabetes is creating some of its own problems and exacerbating others but it is not the cause of everything that is wrong with me. I get really annoyed with the constant blame on my diabetes for conditions I had 20 years and more before I was diabetic.

Oops, better stop here and submit. I will continue under a separate response.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote