View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mary,

I am back. The reason I had previously asked about your age and/or post menopausal was because there is a relationship of PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome and metabolic syndrome including insulin resistance. There are a lot of other contributors to blood sugar changes, including high blood pressure, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol, stress, arteriosclerosis, fatty liver, PVD, liver disease, certain medications, alcohol, etc. Cushing's and Addison's can alter blood sugar. Possible signs of insulin resistance can be skin tags and acanthoses nigrican, (spelling??) big word for darkened skin.

There is an interesting article about "normal" blood sugars at www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php I do not know how to post a link so I hope you can get to it by typing it in. I think you would like reading it. Most blood sugar articles are geared to diabetics.

I did see that hyperthyroidism will cause changes in blood sugar levels and since you said that you had thyroid issues, maybe that is a reason for your swings. I would ask your endocrinologist about it. Maybe that is why he is not concerned about your swings. He surely knows a few thousand tons more than I will ever know.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote