View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
Can you suggest what forum I should turn to?
Peripheral Neuropathy (PN) and Medications & Treatments.

You posted to the PN forum once, but I don't know if you followed up. Many members here take/have taken gabapentin for neuropathic pain of PN, and the med has been discussed exhaustively on that forum, so I would check the archives (Search function) for threads that contain gabapentin or Neurontin in their titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
Is there something I can take to lessen the withdrawal? Or would taking some other drug just be replacing one addiction for another?
There is some anecdotal evidence that magnesium and/or calcium supplementation may attenuate withdrawal symptoms of gabapentin, but I've found nothing definitive/documented.

lessening gabapentin withdrawal

IMO it's important to understand the difference between addiction and physical dependence; they are not the same. Your are dependent on gabapentin, but not addicted to it.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-29-2013)