Thread: Vibrating legs
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

heat has been getting me too. One heat situation is when I "babysit' my grandsons in their parents' home, which has inadequate curtains and no air conditioning, not even a fan. Twice I've gotten prickly heat feelings around my midriff, and actually burning skin all over. I will not be able to babysit in the late afternoons in that house, at least until winter.

I have also had to start wearing black or dark clothing to keep out "visible light", but this comes from another illness, Porphyria. Of course wearing clothes all over, even thin synthetic ones, in dark colors, adds to the neurological difficulty. It's pretty frustrating.

Thank goodness I do have air conditioning and fans in my own home. I would not be able to do any housework or practically anything else without this. Our temperatures are only in the high 80's but the sun is fierce--whiter light than we used to have, may be related to the Coronal Mass Ejections we have had hitting us from the sun a few days ago. Usually the CME's do not hit but I read that those did hit.

I had some leg jerking some nights and had to take an extra calcium. I have to have calcium and magnesium both to control the jerking and spasm.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cdimaio (08-30-2013), Erika (08-30-2013), SallyC (08-29-2013)