View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hopeless,

I used to take my BG 1, 2, and 3 hrs after meals but then i read that the critical number is the 2 hour mark. So, I am now just taking the early morning and 2 hours after each meal because my fingers have become really sore due to the pricks. there is one thing though that I think my monitoring is not as effective as it may sound. You see, I have some unresolved stomach acid that makes me feel hungry. I eat in between meals. The effect of these snacks are not recorded because I thought it may not be significant BUT it may not. One time, i ate one cheese stick (i normally eat cheese as it has no carbs and sugar content) and the Premier Protein drink which has 5 carbs and 1 sugar but my sugar shoot up to more than 130 after 2hours! It seems the spike is not commensurate to the food intake.

I will do as much testing as possible. Oh, i read somewhere (maybe in one of the links you gave me) that if one FBS is somewhere in between 92-100, you will be likely diabetic in 10 years. Its still a long way but if i dont watch what i eat now, the 10 yrs may be reduced to half

Since Dec 2012, i have been steady losing weight unintentionally. My pulmo said its not my lungs, my endoc said, its not my thryoid, the GI dr said, its not in my stomach. but i need gain more weight. the pulmo warned me that with my built, just one exacerbation, i will be left with nothing to fight any bugs because i dont have "buffer" in my muscles mass. So you see my predicament, i need to eat more but when i eat more, my sugar shoots up!!!!!

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote