View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It seems the spike is not commensurate to the food intake.

Hi Mary,

I can certainly understand THAT statement. That happens to me, too. It all depends on what your liver and pancreas are doing sometimes and not your intake. Those are the readings that baffle me and make me a little crazy. I can have a FBS of 88 one day and a FBS of 157 the next. Then, everyday for the next several weeks, my FBS will hover around 100. If I am "fasting", it certainly is NOT food related. There are also times, like you stated, the levels are not commensurate with your intake. I can eat the EXACT same thing and amount at lunch and at dinner and get VERY different results.

Do not obsess about it. That will only cause you stress and stress WILL elevate your blood sugar. I get dis-heartened sometimes when I work so hard to control my diabetes and have wide swings. Then I see someone else that does nothing to control their levels, eat anything they want, etc. and get better results. Or at least that is what they say. Maybe their results are not what they claim. Well, they are the excuse I make to have a very small piece of cake on my birthday each year (no icing) and one spoon of dressing at Thanksgiving.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote