View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thankk you!

So I was losing my mind in pain last night and out of desperation made this post. Now that I have regained some kind of composure, and not so heavily medicated, I thought I would give a quick update.

Thank goodness I had the lidocaine patch, although it only took the edge off. I also had a toilet riser with handles, I think that’s what it’s called. Either way, I had that and a walker in storage, that at 1 a.m. my husband dug out for me to use. I had these things from when I had my back surgery back in 2004 (that started my CRPSII). As much as I hate these devices because I feel like I’m 80+ y/o, they sure are making things easier, and ultimately makes me more independent.

My back is still very irritated but I am gaining some relief. I did not want to even try to get into a car to get to the ER, nor did I want to call an ambulance, or spend the balance of the night in the ER on dilaudid. Had it gotten any worse, I guess there would have been no other choice. I just hate when I arrive in the ER and they question me like I am drug seeking. It does nothing but make me more frustrated. I have even shown up before with a 5” stack of records and MRI’s, and it seems to not make any difference.

The pain I have been having in my back sends my CRPS II into a downward spiral. Then EVERYTHING hurts from head to toe. I have full body CRPS II. My dystonia was acting crazy for days in my legs, and finally worked its way to my back. I have really been struggling with the CRPS for weeks now and it seemed to have bottomed out last night.

I hate taking the opioids, and have not had to have any in many months. I have them only for breakthrough pain, such as last night. Man oh man, I woke up with the worst headache ever <sigh>. I guess a sort of hangover from the meds.

Anywho, I guess that’s all for now. My back is starting to yell at me, so I guess I will quit this post and lay back down. I have a PC on a hospital bedside table next to my bed, but trying to lay down and type is tough. So sorry for such a desperate post earlier, but I was just that, desperate.
Thanks again to those who responded. It truly helped to vent and know that I was not alone. Everyone on this site rules! What a blessing you all are!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-01-2013), Hopeless (08-31-2013)