View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi arthor, welcome.

What're your criteria for expensive/cheaper?

Not all gloves are created equal. On a quick goggle, I find that some of these gloves that come up aren't actually "arthritis" gloves, but "support" gloves—a different animal trying to blend with the herd...

There may not be any real "definition" for them, so I'd read carefully, and look for reviews and/or comparisons. Some just support, while others compress, or hold/provide heat, etc. so part of the cost may reflect what you need/want the gloves to do for you.
-----
-----
On an editorial note, I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I can't help but wonder... why do they use hand models for these things?
I spoze the mfrs/vendors may be concerned that if they used people with real arthritis hands, potential customers might think their gloves made the models' hands look like that , but aren't those folks their real customers? Just musing....

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote