View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know about that "scare", and when you really look at the study, the differences were not exactly clinically relevant.

The population with a very high intake of omega-3, the Japanese, should then have a higher risk of prostate cancer too, right? Well, in fact, it's one 10th of the US population incidence, and the mortality rate of those who get it is 5 times less than in the US.

Many cancers are driven by inflammation, and a proper omega-3 intake (which means: pretty similar to what the Japanese do) will seriously reduce the risk of getting those cancers.

There's a lot more to say about this obviously, and if every older deceased male would have an autopsy performed, one would find that most of them have some form (or beginning of) prostate cancer. They have died with it, not from it, however. (as one of the leading New York surgeons specialized in prostate cancers likes to say)

It's also important to know that prostate issues are certainly not always linked to cancers. I for one can no longer pee my full name in the snow.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (08-31-2013), Kitt (08-31-2013)