View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tooth 14 extraction perforated maxillary sinus

Hello. I need some advice please. One week ago I had tooth 14 (upper left side second to back tooth) extracted due to fracture. It perforated my maxillary sinus when they extracted it and I knew this, because immediately I had whistling in the surgery site. The whistling went away 6 hours after surgery. Three days after the extraction I got off the pain meds and started just using advil.

That same day in the afternoon I got this horrible pressure in the maxillary sinus above the extracted tooth and in my frontal sinus. It was so painful I began to feel nauseous and got hot flash/clammy feeling. I took 4 advil and a half of a pain med. It took 2 hours for the debilitating pain to subside to a dull ache for the rest of the day. This has since happened everyday since around the same time.

It has now been a week since surgery and they have me on antibiotics 3 times a day, decongestant and saline nasal spray for the past 5 days. Is this pain normal? I have never had a migraine before and the only headaches I ever had could be cured in 20 minutes with 2 advil. Is it normal that when the pressure in my head gets horrible that I feel nauseous and get hot and clammy?? I also would like to say this tooth had 2 root canals performed as well as an apicoectomy.
Radiology Chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote