View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking re: advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by winic1 View Post
I truly don't discount people just because of age, however, Brantigan is 70 from what I see. Could that be why he's not being mentioned much anymore--he's heading to retirement? I have had very poor luck with the older doctors around here (such as the one who ended up shouting so loud my ride in the waiting area could hear, "I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU HAVE PAIN, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR HAND, YOU HAVE THE FINEST HAND I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!" She greeted me with wide eyes and shocked face and an "Oh my God, what the ..." Another one had his assistant and technician playing with her cell phone and laughing at things while standing right next to him while he read my papers and questioned me, and even tho he had 8 pages of info I had had to fill out, his report had most of my history WRONG.) My dentist, however, has got to be approaching 70, and he is the most amazing and skilled dentist I have ever found in my life.

Jo*mar, I was trying to stay relatively local, before. I don't know how I will travel across the country and survive the trip (big motion sickness issues, especially with planes), but hey, that would solve the problem anyway, wouldn't it. (KIDDING!!! Twisted sense of humor, do not worry about me. Made a crack like that to a doctor once, had to go see a shrink to prove I wasn't suicidal, yeesh.) Gotta know who to send records to in the first place. With all I have gone through in the last 3-1/2 years, not just the TOS, I don't have heart or strength for wasted attempts or inviting more disappointment than necessary. I don't need more crazy old doctors shouting at me, arrogant doctors, doctors who just refer me to other doctors who refer me to other doctors who ..., doctors who promise, explicitly promise, that they will not pass me off and they will at least figure out what is going on, then after exam and records, they just disappear--never call me back, never call my other doctors back, never send a letter or a report or notes, nothing... I've got to get it right, if I start to pursue this again.

Sorry ur so bitter!! I know the feeling going from Dr yo Dr looking for answers. U have to keep plugging away! U cant rely on anyone but ur self to get better. I know there rare but there a few good ones. I found one on my own. Took me 8 yrs to get dx for tos! And 8 surgerys in 10 yrs. ( not all for tos related). My tos surgeon is the most kind, compassionate, intelligent, well mannered Dr I have ever met!! And I have seen a lot of drs in past 10yrs for other nerve and orthopedic issues.

Anyway I just wanted to ask why or if urv seen a vascular tos surgeon, since ur problem is vascular? I haven't seen him but know of a very well known v.surgeon who does vtos. Dr Kwolek at mgh in Boston. Look him up.
Best Wishes
Rhonda
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote