View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Ann, as a nurse that has been my thought all along. Back 'in the days' a pulmonary embolus wold have been immediately transferred to ICU, Heparin, possibly an umbrella, etc. Norma said her blood pressure was quite high, well duh, and the nurse called the doctor asking for some medicine and doctor said sounds likes she needs to see her herself. Well thank you missy doctor. How kind and thoughtfull of you. Norma got there at 6:30 last night and the doctor came in at 9 PM. So an echo is scheduled for tomorrow, she was started on an IV antibiotic and all of her medicine restarted. Norma is actually taking some of her own supply tonight. I tried to tell her that as a nurse she really shouldn't be telling me that but Norma is desperate to have a good night sleep at a decent pain level. She is on a cardiac unit and her monitor looks good, I stopped by and peeked You know hindsight is wonderful. Thinking about it this evening I should have advised her to talk to the nursing supervisor before now but you know what MS does to us, especially in times of stress.

Facebook is wonderful. When Mom was in hospice I started this mass message out to all of the family members across the US so I could cut down on calls, repeating myself with each one. So everyone got the same one. I did that the whole two weeks Mom was there before she died. I have a brother that is a chaplain in a hospice and he loved those frequent update so much, he felt like he was in constant touch and every family member could see what the others were saying so actually they were in contact with each other. It just helped them feel like they were still together. He took that idea back to his inpatient hospice and they made sure that they installed 2 computers with wi fi for all the members. So I enjoy that. Plus it makes me feel needed, like I am still part of a nursing team.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (09-01-2013), SallyC (09-01-2013)