View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Crazy 2nd Round RSD / CRPS

Hi group. I've been lurking now and then--most of the time not wanting to think about my situation whenever I could avoid it. I was diagnosed nine years ago with RSD after breaking both bones in my forearm. It was excruciating for several months, however, with constant physical therapy, I was able to beat it. This time, when developing it immediately after simply twisting my ankle 18 months ago, I was convinced that I could once again beat it. I think I've done pretty well. I've worked hard. But I have to admit--it's not going away. It's incredibly miserable. I have always been such an active and happy person with my kids and now it pains me in so many ways that I just cannot do the things I used to do. I need to get a job, but after trying and failing once before, I'm really nervous. I dread a shopping trip I would have once loved. How can I work an 8-9 hour day when I can't make it through a few hours at home without wrapping my leg in heat or taking a nap?

I'd love to hear suggestions for making it work at work. What kind of jobs do you do? Doesn't the pain make you bite people's heads off? I have to admit I get really snippy by late afternoon!

I'd like to say I'm still determined not to let it beat me. I don't have a deformed foot. I work at it every day, wrapping it in heat, stretching my toes out, strengthening it. But the last few days have been rough and my attitude is slipping...
gamornin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote