View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
I have been diagnosed with MG. I have double vision, prisms really help. I also have a droopy eye lid, muscle weakness mostly in the legs, but the arms and face too. My antibodies are negative but my SFemg is positive. I have shortness of breath, it is much better now that I am on prednisone and mestinon. I have not had any pulmonary studies. But I often have the sensation when I sleep like my throat closes, I make a weird sound and then I wake up and it goes away. I need to follow up on that.

Were you on mestinon when they did the SFemg? Were you having a good (strong) day the day of the test? What muscles did they test?

I made sure when I did my SFemg that I had been off mestinon for a week, and the test was in the afternoon so my muscles were more fatigued. They tested my eyes which are very symptomatic.

kathie
My neuro-opthalmologist hasn't prescribed any medication. He said the steroids would be bad for my diabetes and he thought I'd be better off with just the prisms to correct my double vision. At my second visit, when I complained more about the limb weakness, he decided to send me for the SFEMG and a pulmonary evaluation.

Mr SFEMG was at 8:30 in the morning. They tested my legs, arms and a spot on my forehead. I was tired from walking into the hospital from the parking lot.

Sounds like you might benefit from a sleep study. You may find, as I did, that you have sleep apnea. The sudden wakening after a funny noise that you make is one of the symptoms. Especially if you have daytime sleepiness.

Thanks for responding to my post!

Susan
Online User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (09-02-2013)