View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuffler View Post
catra, i get tt now. when i first got hurt i went out and was on tt. then i got a pp settlement. from there went into an ot plan and was on what they called living maintenance. i just got pulled from that cause i am not 'medically stable' and am transitioning back to tt.
i am not saying i will for sure not ever be able to work again but i will never work in a foundry. those days are over
I know it's hard learning to come to terms with the fact that you will never be the same.

Even for me...back in the same job...I'm not the same. I'm in a great store now with a very supportive team of people. I know I do a great job...but I really WISH these people knew me before when I could quite literally run circles around anyone. Who would have thought I would miss being able to clean out fitting rooms and putting returns away...I was so FAST at stuff like that and could help the team get caught up whenever there was a mess. Now I can't. Or rather...I COULD...but I'm so much slower at it because of the walker and not being able to carry things in my hands...it's just not as efficient. Not that any of that matters to you...but I only mean it to say that I understand (at least to a degree) that sense of loss. I will never be the person I was before CRPS...and I have come to terms with that. I often get those moments of sadness where I still grieve over that loss...but they pass and I focus on the present and what I need to do now.

On the other hand...trying to see the bright side...I am so very grateful for everything I have in life now. Not that I wasn't before...but if I'm being honest I will say I wasn't as aware of how truly blessed I was for all the good things in my life until I went through the really horrible patch with my CRPS. It really put a lot of things in perspective and as crazy as it may sound...I think I have come out of this a happier person.

Your wife sounds like a wonderful, supportive person and you sound like you love her and your daughter very much. I can tell that you are a fighter and you will make it through this one way or another. Focus on your health and your family right now...the job situation will work itself out one way or the other...but you don't need to worry about that right now.

Take care of yourself.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote