View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Re: botox for migraines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyonline View Post
I have chronic, daily migraines. I have a vp shunt for severe hydro placed 4 years ago and I've had a headache ever since. My headaches are debilitating. They wake me up at night, and I have them off and on all day. I finally got botox for migraines. My headaches got much worse at first (for about 3 weeks) but then I got a little relief, still having headaches everyday. It's time for me to get botox again, but I'm so nervous that my headaches will get worse at first. Has anyone had any experience like this? Please help!
Im so sorry to here that lizzy but happy im not the only one going through this to I also have a v.p shunt and a l.p shunt but mine is for pseudotumor cerebri its kind of like hydro but I deal with real bad headaches ive done the botox it helped for a bit but then the headache came back worse I never seem to quite make it till the next time and then my neurologist wanted to try it again so we did the pain was horrible my whole side of my face Street and my headache never went away he then wanted to try trigger point injections at this point I was willing to try anything I've been paying for so long so can I said okay and again nothing still to this day has happened I take strong medications for the pain I throw up several times during the day because of the pain I've gone through 6 in a religious because they've given up on me because my case is too complicated and I am still left with no answers so Lizzie I wish you the best of luck stay strong keep your head up don't give up and don't let those doctors give up on you
Lovelife32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote