View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks Ann, so they still do that same scan now. Well I guess some things do stay the same. Her B/P remain pretty high still, doctor made one change tonight and said if she is OK tomorrow she will send her home. I wold love to go chain my sister to the bed and forbid it but I know I can't. She did order the echo but did not feel the need to have it ordered stat so that means it would be done on Tuesday. I understand a lot of the push is by insurance companies seeing that they aren't ordering anything stat on people, vital sings are stable and don't warrant a hospital stay anymore. I worked long enough to remember having to try to calm down some irate family members myself. I also have to remember that my sister is married, if the doctor does not see the need to order a cardiologist to see her in the hospital and my sister and her husband agree to that then I can't barge in and say anything to the staff. I have told my concerns to my sister and husband. They have relayed those to the nursing staff. It was a completely different story with my Mom. Hospitals expect family members to be their Mom'd advocate and voice. I can't be that for my sister. I just have to learn to deal with me and my own anxiety now. You'll find my other concern in another post about my daughter

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (09-02-2013)