View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Lynn

Welcome to Neuro Talk. I can help a bit with reading your MRI. Also at the end of this, don't hesitate to look up any words in the MRI that you do not understand. It is important that you understand the terms, so that when you go back to the neurologist, there won't be anything he can talk about that you won't have knowledge of. A second opinion is extremely important when talking about MRI's that present with some issues.

There are Key words in an MRI, Mild, Moderate, and Severe. When anything pops up as severe, that is an indicator that you need that second opinion, also if surgery is discussed, again important...

Ok, At, C-3-4 there is "mild" impingerment on the anterior surface of the cord. That means the front of the cord. That means there is a hernia, pressing mildly on it.

C4-5 no direct Nerve inpingment....good.. no pressing against the cord.

C5-6 posterior (back side of the vertebra) is compression the nerve roots. However that key word wasn't stated how severe this is, or mild, etc...

At C6-7 no obvious root impingement

In the lumbar region, is a concern. Severe Kyphoscoliotic changes to thoracolumber region. According to the literature I read, this requires some surgery. It isn't a very common thing evidently. It is a curvature more or less of the spine. What they don't want to happen, is the vertebra above and below this site to become worse, there by make the situation worse. Do research this on google just putting in those words and you will see what the doctors are talking about.
Since the words say severe, this would be the #1 thing to bring up to your neurologist.

Don't get overly upset, until you know for sure, what the doctors want to do, I don't know what they would recommend as I am not a professional. That second opinion would be the first thing I did, after getting your information from your current physician. Try all methods of help before you think about surgery. That is a last resort where all other protocols have been tried.
There are Ketamine infusions which I had, that helped greatly. I don't know if your doctor does this, or if he would recommend it. I do know that for me it was a good temporary pain relief until I could get to surgery.
The rest say Mild, which isn't as great a concern. Please keep in touch with me. I can help you with more research if you want. I am here to listen.
ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (09-10-2013)