View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

bb,

Do you actually need to continuously manage your symptoms ? I have learned to just move forward with life and adjust when I notice a symptoms getting in the way of a task or activity. I am pragmatic with most symptoms. I do set limits with activities and tasks that I know will trigger a symptom.

I do very little driving but just finished driving a 26 foot Penske moving truck 300 miles. I did not expect any problems because such a truck has a continuous workload and plenty of feedback through the steering wheel. I get into trouble with smooth riding and driving passenger cars and SUV's because they isolate the driver from the driving task and my mind will easily get distracted and wander. (all over the road)

So, I have set a good framework of limits and cautions that allow me to keep moving ahead without having to be aware of my limitations.

They say that if you fence a school playground, the children will use the whole playground. If the playground is left unfenced and near a road, the kids will not use the part of the playground near the road.

By setting a fence of limits and cautions for my life, I can use the whole range of my life inside those limits. I even venture outside the limits frequently knowing the risks and maybe a need to rest up afterward.

Works for me.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote