View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
My dad is now 68 and my mom is 62 and I am 38 having trouble keeping up with them! OMG! I wish those teenagers would slow down a little!

I won't lie...it is progressing more than I thought it would and the last MRI was ho-humm...not great at all. I haven't rode the bike in a while, but manage to still get out on the raft. I get out as much as possible, pending how friggin tired I am or factoring in the heat....and other crap. Like to day was fine...cloudy, cooler and tolerable... didn't feel too bad at all.
I turn 62 in January. At my age my mom was recovering from colon cancer surgery, having just got her ostomy reversed. And then she was off, traveling everywhere from Cape Cod to Hawaii. She even did a little hiking with me when she visited years later. I am lucky if I get to see my grandkids 3 or 4 times a year, who only live 3 hours away, because travel and pain control are so difficult. Staying the night is a nightmare, as the guestroom is on the second floor, and the bathroom is not conveniently arranged for all my G.I. madness. All I want to do is be a grandma . . . I have even given up hopes of taking my grandson on his first hike on Rainier. I just want to enjoy my grandkids, and I am often too out of it from pain control to even do that . . .

Okay . . . didn't mean to hijack thread. Personal pity party over. We are never prepared to meet the emotional challenges that come with the physical ones . . . and I think they are the more difficult of the two.

"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (09-03-2013), Erika (09-03-2013), nemsmom (09-03-2013), SallyC (09-03-2013)