View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 03:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So glad you are out the other side of the nightmare and feeling more like Vrae!!

Sounds like you learnt a lot from the experience but at least you will be aware of the lead up to the perfect storm and hopefully see it off at the pass next time...

Don't beat yourself up about not spotting the danger signs. I am into my third year now (good grief is that all? Feels like more!) and still have those hindsight moments where I am in bad trouble pain wise and kind of piece the puzzle together....oh, THAT'S why I am feeling so awful....duh.... You can't be thinking about your disease every minute of every day because when all is said and done we are all trying to live our lives DESPITE the darn thing - and sometimes you can't avoid the stress of a situation, that stress can make you forget your meds or do too much, or just lose it emotionally. You aren't a robot my lovely

I'm stubborn too. I hate hospitals and doctors, and having to explain what CRPS is when you are in donkey-on-the-edge mode and just want it all to go away. But yes, four days of agony is probably just a tad overdoing it lol. Maybe give yourself two days max to try and control it yourself before seeking help? I'm so glad you had a good experience and saw a decent doc though - makes all the difference in the world. If you possibly can, please write to the hospital and say that - it might make a big difference to their overall approach to provide some positive feedback. Maybe another (less sympathetic/sensible) doc there will think twice about how he treats chronic pain patients. We can always hope!

Take it gently for a few days now and give your poor body a chance to get over those awful days. I heartily recommend a quiet afternoon with a good tv series, a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea. Ahhhhhhh. Carefully ease into more activity, and you'll be leaping rivers in a single bound in no time. Well perhaps not quite, but you know what I mean.

Sorry, am in a silly mood this morning. Husband tried to get amorous and hilarity ensued for various reasons lol. No result as it were, haha, but lots of laughter and I feel smiley for the first time in a few difficult days Autumn is here, and I am feeling it. Ouch.

Glad you are ok

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (09-04-2013), Vrae (09-03-2013)